During my Personal Empowerment workshops one of the questions I ask participants to share is their definition of empowerment. These participant definitions form the basis for moving forward together through the rest of the workshop.
My Definition of Empowerment:
Empowerment is having the confidence
and seizing the opportunity to be the
true expression of who we are
at all times in all situations.
Following are some of the answers given by participants in my workshops.
- The God-given talent I have to help myself and other move forward and embrace life.
- Feeling the fear and doing it anyway — walking through the fire of fear.
- Sharing my love of life
- Being focused and living in intention
- Being open to Spirit to make a difference in the world
- Having total control over my thoughts and ideas
- Not being restricted by fear or doubt
- Embracing discipline
- Freedom to speak my voice with confidence and wisdom
- Power that comes from within
- The power to create your own path
- Moving toward a vision with grace and confidence
- A vibration: Empowerment is living in harmony with oneself
- Connecting with your true gift and expressing your true self
- Opening ourselves to bring our song to the world
- Staying receptive, being open and letting go of limitations
- Stepping over the threshold to realize we can do anything
- Overcoming our fear of freedom
- Our ability to easily move into action or tap into the stillness that comes from within
I’d love to know YOUR definition of Personal Empowerment. Please feel free to share in the comments area below.